What is Male Sexual Dysfunction?
ED or erectile dysfunction is the term that seems to be used generally to describe all of men’s sexual health issues. The definition of ED is when a man cannot get or keep an erection also described as the inability of a man to maintain an erection sufficient for satisfying sexual activity. But sexual performance issues can include a wider variety of issues including low or no libido, premature ejaculation, AND erectile dysfunction.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?
- Heavy alcohol consumption and illicit drug use
- Medications (including certain blood pressure medications, pain meds, and antidepressants)
- Tobacco use
- Hormone Issues
- Negative self-image
- Strained relationships
- Low/no libido
- Poor health conditions – diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Lack of blood flow – cardiovascular disease/high cholesterol
- Pelvic/organ injury
- Peyronie’s disease
It can be one or several of these that contribute to ED or sexual performance issues. It’s important to work with your provider to treat not just the symptoms but the other underlying medical conditions.
Diagnosing & Treating ED
You may have ED if you regularly have these issues:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
- Reduced interest in sex
Other sexual performance issues include:
- Experience premature or delayed ejaculation
- Inability to achieve an orgasm after ample stimulation
To diagnose your issues and severity of issues, providers may look at several different factors and tests including:
- Complete health assessment (physical and psychosocial) Including:
- Health History
- Sexual History
- Laboratory Panels
- Penile ultrasounds to analyze penile blood flow
- Injection tests
- NPT (Nocturnal penile tumescence test)
Your treatment plan should be specific to your underlying causes and you may need a combination of therapies for successful treatment.
Blokes Sexual Performance Treatment Options
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Nutritional Supplements
- You may be referred to a provider for Shockwave and other treatments/tests as necessary
Preventing Erectile Dysfunction
- Alleviate stress with lifestyle changes that promote well-being exercise, getting enough sleep, and seeking professional help with needed.
- Seeking medical treatment and treating the underlying causes of sexual performance issues.
- Actively managing your health. Regular check-ups with your provider, good diet and exercise, and mental health management are necessary and prudent to the prevention of sexual performance issues.
- Proactively managing your relationship. Having open and honest conversations can keep you and your partner from having strains that can lead to sexual performance issues.
How Much Does Treatment Cost?
Blokes initial consults are complimentary.
If a lab draw is required, there is a $99 fee.
Our treatment packages start at $149 per month. All packages and therapies include convenient telehealth consultations, blood draws and laboratory panels, and medications.
Take the Quiz
Take this short quiz to see if Sexual Performance Therapy is right for you!
Take the next step for your health.
Our team has got you covered from diagnosing what’s going on with your hormonal health to finding the right way to effectively treat it. Schedule your complimentary consultation with a Blokes hormone specialist and take the next step toward your overall health.
Let’s Do This