Ozempic, the brand name for semaglutide, is an injectable medication primarily prescribed for individuals with type 2 ...
Build Massive Arms Like Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg, renowned for his roles in blockbuster movies, has always been in the spotlight not just for his acting prowess but also for his impressive physique. One of the most standout features of his body is his well-defined arms. This article delves into the secrets behind Wahlberg's arm workouts and offers insights into how you can achieve similar results.
Mark's Philosophy on Training
In a video by Bodybuilding.com, Wahlberg's personal trainer, Brian Nguyen, describes the actor as an elite athlete. Nguyen emphasizes Wahlberg's dedication, stating, "He's changed roles so many times, and each role creates a different starting point." Wahlberg's mindset, commitment, and pride make him a pro. One of the quotes from the video that stands out is, "You can't deny mindset. You can't deny that variable of intensity, commitment, and pride."
The Arm Workout
Mark's arm workout is intense and focuses on gains from all angles for noticeable changes in the biceps. Here's a breakdown:
- Dumbbell Curl on an Incline Bench: Holding a weight in each hand, ensure your elbows align with your ribcage. Bring your forearms up, rotating your palms to face you at the top, squeeze, and lower back down.
- Standing Curl: This is similar to the previous move but performed standing.
- Barbell Curl: With hands shoulder-width apart, curl the bar up towards you and lower it down slowly.
- Pull-up: Palms facing away, spread a bit wider than shoulder-width. Perform the standard pull-up.
- EZ-Bar Curl: Hands shoulder-width apart, curl the bar into your chest.
- Seated Preacher Curl: Sit at a preacher bench, ensuring your armpits touch the top of the pad. Grasp an EZ-bar with hands shoulder-width apart and curl it up.
- Seated Isolation Machine Curl: Use a biceps curl machine, aligning your elbows with the axis of rotation. Curl the handle until your biceps fully contract.
The Transformation Workout
For his role in The Fighter, Wahlberg had to get back into fighting shape in just five weeks. His regimen included:
- Warmup: An hour of foam rolling and massage, followed by dynamic stretching.
- Circuits: Short, fast rounds with minimal recovery time. Each round lasted three minutes, followed by a minute of rest. Jump roping and sprints were integral, along with strength exercises like burpees, side planks, and kettlebell swings.
- Sparring: Four to six rounds of sparring with short rests in between.
The Non-Workout Workout
Even on his off days, Wahlberg stays active. His passion for golf keeps him moving, and he's known as one of the best celebrity golfers. This active lifestyle not only helps maintain his physique but also promotes overall health.
Achieving arms like Mark Wahlberg requires dedication, discipline, and the right guidance. While everyone's body is different, following a structured workout routine and staying consistent can bring you closer to your goals. As Wahlberg's journey shows, with the right mindset and commitment, you can achieve the physique you desire.Back to Blog